Friday, April 24, 2009

Thin people: listen up

Thin people like to tell me what I should do to loose weight. As if I don't know.

Just yesterday, I told someone that I needed to loose about 10 pounds if I ever want to fit in a beautiful pair of black pants I once bought in a moment of overconfidence. This someone has the figure of a supermodel. "Well", she replied happily, "you just need to eat right. Have a good breakfast and...."

As if I don't know, haha. I'm not huge or anything, but definitaly NOT shaped like a supermodel. More like a woman Rubens would paint, the only difference being that my boobs do match my butt. And ofcourse, I have tried to get the body of a supermodel. I can tell you exactly what to do to loose weight.

I have lost weight. Pounds and pounds and pounds. And always gained them back. This has two reasons:
1. 'Bad' genes. My grandmothers are both blessed with a stout figure, most of the women in my father's family have huuuuuuge derrières.
2. I looooove food. I love eating it, I love being in the kitchen.

Actually, my eating habits are not at all bad, I'd like to believe. Plenty of fruit, vegetables, grains and loads of variation. Allright, and an extra spoonful of mayonaise with my french fries, on occasion. But my diet looks so much more healthy than some of my skinny friends'. One of them just doesn't eat for a couple of days if she gains half a kilo.

So please, you lovely looking skinny ladies, don't judge. There's no skinny person inside of me trying to get out, there's a Rubenesque woman feeling trapped inside when I'm going through a skinnier phase. Believe you me.

No comments:

Post a Comment