Sunday, April 05, 2009

The horror of buying pants


A horrible experience every single time: buying a new pair of pants or jeans. Especially with a butt like mine.

About a year and a half ago, I went into a local store to buy something very basic, let's say a t-shirt or something. While skimming through the racks of clothing, I came across a pair of jeans that looked kinda nice. Wearily, I went to try them on. Miraculously, it fit!

The girl behind the counter must have been happy with me, because not only did I buy a t-shirt, I left the store with 2 identical pairs of jeans.

Normally, for me, buying jeans means trying on about 20 pairs, a lot of cursing, swearing not to eat a single scrap of food ever again and occasionally even some tears.

So you can imagine why, when finally finding a pair that fits, I bought 2.

Here comes the bad part: both pairs are now in jeans heaven. They were totally worn down, and I can't possibly get away with wearing them anymore. Where's the 1990's when you need them?!

If grunge were still 'happening', I wouldn't have to go through the horror of realizing that the time has come to go out, keep my head up high and walk into a store to ask the size 0 girl for a jeans in my size.

Who am I kidding? Chances are that I'm going to order a stack of denim online, choose the one that looks the least bad, and send the rest back. Thank goodness for online H&M!

1 comment:

  1. I think completely worn down, torn apart and shredded jeans look very sexy on a girl. ;-) In my humble opinion your next pair of jeans should only leave room for a belt, nothing more. :-D
    Good luck with your shopping-blitzkrieg!
    André.

    ReplyDelete