Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spongebobbing


There's a Spongebob-episode in which Spongebob has to study for an exam. All he does, however, is think of reasons not to study. All of a sudden, his kitchen needs immediate cleaning. Or his pet snail Gary needs a new bowl of food. Stat!

This has led to a new verb we use at home: 'Spongebobbing'. If it were in the dictionary, it would say something like 'to procrastinate doing what truly needs to be done urgently by imagening other stuff that needs to be done even more urgently.'

I'll give you one lucky guess as to what I'm doing right now... Bingo! Although, in the office, there's no pet snail, no kitchen or such things, there's enough I can think of that is easier and more fun than doing what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

Like writing a new blog. Checking my hotmail, gmail, myspace, facebook and any other email or networkingwebsite I can think of. By calling my boyfriend to whine about how I'm spongebobbing my day away. Etcetera ad infinitum.

*Sigh* OK fine, I'll get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment