Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's in the little things

Sometimes it doesn't take much to remember why life can be pretty sweet. It's the little moments of uncomplicated happiness that make it worthwhile.

The last couple of days, I've had quite a few of these happy little things happen to me. Here's my top three:

3. Driving up to my house after work, where I see my boyfriend rolling the emptied trash bin back to the house. Without me asking him to.

2. Opening the back door to throw away an empty muesli box in that same bin in the backyard, to find myself part of a true Disney-moment: ridiculously colorful flowers, a lovely spring scent in the air and tons of bird singing their little hears out.

3. Taking the freshly washed towels out of the dryer, and holding each and every warm and clean smelling towel to my face before folding it.
Simple, but very very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment